As we’ve mentioned elsewhere NestEgg is an Online Course with an associated desktop Application.
By following the course and using the Application you will end up with your own Crypto Inheritance Plan. This Plan ensures that, should something unexpected ever happen to you, that your Loved-Ones can find and claim your Crypto Assets without any of your assets being ‘lost’ or ‘forgotten’.
Your Inheritance Plan contains information about your Crypto Asset Portfolio as well as the instructions needed for your Beneficiaries to access those assets.
Oh…and by using NestEgg your Inheritance Plan is Anonymous, Encrypted and saved to the Ethereum Blockchain in your own dedicated Smart Contract.
Let us remind you that NestEgg does not move, access or control your Crypto Assets in any way. You Cryptos live wherever you wish to keep them and are only accessed and transferred by the people you have chosen to do so.
So how does it work?
For Safety and Security the NestEgg e-course will lead you through the process of writing your Inheritance plan in two separate parts. Each of which is saved in a separate location.
For someone to access your Crypto Assets they need to have both parts of your Plan. Here at NestEgg we refer to these people as your ‘Trustees‘.
- One Part of your plan is recorded and saved by the NestEgg Application.
- NestEgg saves this information in your own, encrypted and anonymous Ethereum Smart Contract.
- The second Part of your Plan is a printed or hand written set of documents that you store someone safe of your choice.
- You put these details in in a signed sealed envelope so you can immediately tell if someone has accessed them.
- Or you give the documents to a trusted friend or lawyer
- Later on we give yo some optional improved storage options than an Envelope that you can consider.
By splitting your Inheritance Plan into two parts should someone unauthorised find and read one part of your plan then they can not access your assets with only that information. This would most likely be the Physical Document as access to your Smart Contract is obviously very restricted.
How do my Loved Ones receive my Inheritance Plan?
If a Trustee needs to have both sets of your Crypto Inheritance Plan to actually access your Crypto Assets then how do they get those two Plan parts?
The NestEgg application is a Dead Man’s Switch. This is a system that only performs a task should a Human Being fails to do something specific.
In our case the NestEgg application will email you routinely to check-in with you to see if you are okay. You decide how often we send you a ‘Check-In’ email.
You have a set number of days to reply to the ‘Check-In’ email. If you fail to reply then we send at least one ‘Reminder’ email to chase you up. If you feel that only one Reminder email is not enough, don’t worry you can have more than one.
If you don’t reply in time to both the ‘Check-In’ email and the ‘Reminder’ email(s) then the contents of your Smart Contract are sent to your Trustees.
Your Trustees then follow your instructions to retrieve the other part of your Plan from its safe location or from the third party that is holding it. At that time they can retrieve your Crypto Assets.
Do you help me to setup my Plan?
Of course. The e-course will take you step-by-step through the process of opening a NestEgg account and setting up your initial Crypto Inheritance Plan.
Everyone reading this will have a different set of personal circumstances that impact on their Inheritance Plan. As such we do not have a one-size-fits-all model for you to follow.
Instead we start with the basics and make sure that
- Your Crypto Inventory is anonymously recorded in your own Smart Contract on the Ethereum Blockchain.
- The information your loved ones needs to access that Inventory is split across the two seperate parts of the plan we discussed above
At this point your Cryptos are now protected from loss, though there will be a number of loose ends and other information that you will want to incorporate into your Plan.
So once the Basic work is done we have a number of optional modules in the e-course for you to look through. These help you refine and improve your plan as well as make any changes that you may need to if your circumstances change in the future.
Optional Modules in the NestEgg e-Course
- Improve your Plan
- How to add extra security into your Plan
- Other important information you may wish to leave to your Trustees
- How to tie up any loose ends you have found in your plan
- Teach your Trustees
- Show your Trustees how to use the information they will receive whilst keeping your details confidential
- Ensure your Trustees know how to use the information NestEgg will give them
- Wallet Review
- How to better organise and store your Cryptos to help your Loved-Ones execute your Plan.
- Advanced Trustee Management
- Perhaps you do not have a small core of highly trusted people to execute your plan
- Or perhaps you have a large portfolio and you want additional scrutiny in place when your assets are accessed
- We give you ideas and concepts to put more structure in place to manage the actions of your Trustees as they execute your Inheritance Plan
- What happens if you die with or without a Will?
- You do not have to have a will to use NestEgg so we discuss what might happen if you die without one as a NestEgg user
- A look at the ‘Probate’ process in general and how that will apply to all your Assets and your Loved-Ones.
- An introduction to Estate Planning as an option for you to consider
- Doing things Legally?
- You may wish to pass your Cryptos to your loved ones outside of a Will, Probate or Estate Planning Process
- You are free to do as you choose, however we discuss the realities and possible consequences of doing things ‘legally’ and …. err ….. ‘more informally’.
We have delayed the launch of NestEgg on three occasions as we decided to improve the Application and the Advice and Support for the NestEgg users.
We are now planning to go live in mid October 2019. Please join our Mailing List for more specific release information and access to exclusive early adopter bonuses.